Zazzle enters the UK and Europe market
Only through following Zazzle on twitter, i got to know that Zazzle announced their international expansion with the launch of Zazzle.co.uk m and also about the following competiton open to UK residents.
Localized Offering Enables UK Users and Content Owners to Create, Buy and Sell an Infinite Array of Customizable Products Instantly
Redwood City, CA and London, England – November 12, 2008 – Zazzle, the only on-demand retail platform for consumers and major brands offering billions of retail quality, one-of-a-kind products, today announced the first step in its international expansion with the launch of a localized offering for UK users, www.Zazzle.co.uk.
- Go here to read the full media release.
What it means to sellers? (i will add as i find out below)
- i now have a mirror (?) site eg: zazzle.com/webgrrl (usa/international) and i also have zazzle.co.uk/webgrrl
- the content is both sites are the same, but the $ balance is not. So this may mean (im not sure yet, im assuming) that what ever we sell thru the UK site (which is in British Pounds or Euro) will be added in the prespective site?
- i have to log in seperately to enter each site .com or co.uk ; if im already logged in a USA site, i dont get automatically logged into the .co.UK zazzle site
- todays best selections are different compared to .com site (which is a good thing!)
Zazzle.co.uk Launch Contest!
Zazzle is proud to announce the launch of ZAZZLE UK! The UK version of Zazzle will feature content, products, and promotions especially relevant to people in the United Kingdom. To help celebrate this special day, Zazzle is sponsoring a special UK design contest, with £2500 in total prize money to be won! We want your best designs in the following categories:
- British Politics
- British Humor
- British Pop Culture
- British Sports
- British History
Create any product type you want, including t-shirts, buttons, cards, and even Keds custom shoes! Enter as many submissions to each category as you want (each submission must be unique content). Just be certain to designate your product as an entry in the contest by tagging it with “UKLAUNCHCONTEST” and that's it!
How do you win? Winning entries will be determined by a panel of judges. The more activity your products generate, the better your chances to win. Be sure to tell your fans and supporters to view and vote for your products on Zazzle.co.uk! Participation is limited to legal residents of the United Kingdom. Official contest rules can be viewed here.
A prize of £500 will be awarded to the top product in each category!
- Read and get the full information at the Zazzle UK Competition page
- See the competition entries in so far, HERE